Monday, May 22, 2006

Dress Shoes

So finally I want to use my blog for something that is actually "bloggy" or opinionated. On my way to the restroom this morning I passed a gentleman wearing dress shoes with tassels. The following interview was conducted by yours truly.

SB: So Sean, you know what's going on with Men's dress shoes what's your take on dress shoes with tassels.

Sean: Personally I hate them, I have no idea why anyone would ever consider such a shoe.

SB: Wow, that's a strong statement. Afterall, at least half of the business executives in the world wear them.

Sean: Yes and they also have bad haircuts, doesn't mean that we should defend THAT as well.

SB: The bad haircuts?

Sean: Yes

SB: So why all the hate for the tassels.

Sean: They just look silly. Back in the 80s when they were moderately famous by the likes of bad Michael J Fox movies I could stand them. Now they simply remind me of said movies; and don't give me the, "Oh but they are just a fancy loafer excuse". It is simply that, an excuse. Loafers are an exception and should never be considered the rule. I mean, come on, imagine the coolest person in the world. Are they wearing shoes with tassels? Don't even give it any thought, cuz they are most certainly NOT!

SB: Well that clears things up

Sean: Indeed

SB: What does GQ think of the issue

Sean: Follow this link http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/styleguy/shoes/469

SB: So how bout that new Yeah Yeah Yeah's album? The one that Cash Pazo turned you on to?

Sean: It is fuhreekin awesome. I listen to it constantly.

SB: What's in you CD player in your car?

Sean: The new Yeah Yeah Yeah's album.

SB: What are you listening to now?

Sean: The new Yeah Yeah Yeah's album

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean conveniently forgets "Secret of My Success;" a classic that is most definitely in the category of cannot-look-away. I have no confirmation, however, that MJF wears tasseled shoes in the flick; I am only certain that he gets it on with Supergirl, and how can that be wrong?

Unknown said...

Sean is right: Tassels definitely do not rock!

C’mon, they just look stupid. Especially those tassels you occasionally see on shoes that are more like miature Japanese lanterns. You know the ones; the ones that are connected to a ring of leather at both the top and the bottom. More like a tube with slits cut in it than an actual tassel.

Bottom line: Tassels look great on pasties and stupid on shoes.

djb