Friday, January 06, 2006

Boy's Don't Cry (5 Feb 1980)

It's hard to classify this one as an album, that is if you consider Three Imaginary Boys to be an album. Why? This is due to the fact that these albums have basically the same songs on them save a few new ones on Boy's Don't Cry; most notably the title track. They did leave some of the songs from Three Imaginary Boys off of it and in my opinion they were the right one's to leave off, can anyone say "Meathook" which doesn't even feature Smith on vocals. This album has a slightly more pop feel and Jumping Someone Else's Train is superb. Certainly a must have for any self respecting Cure fan as it is a nice transition to Seventeen Seconds, but more about that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F.I.R.E I.N. C.A.I.R.O... for some reason, this song has always struck a chord with me. has a certain punk edge almost and was certainly a rare injection of this style into their sound.